Dubond's DUFill is a single part high degree of hardness, calibrated and smooth finish that is suitable for high resistance grouting from 1 mm to 12 mm on all horizontal and vertical surfaces with complete range of tiles and stone. It is thixotropic has a wide range of colors and finishes. The heavy research by engineers for innovations via market feed back has made DU Fill an architect's choice and user'spride. DU Fill range of colours are developed to match all moods of colours, band including classic indian, victorian, contemporary
Areas of Application
- Floors and walls.
- Floors and walls, for internal and external use.
- For environments subject to heavy traffic.
- For internal and external use.
- Ideal for decorating corrected slabs.
- In domestic, commercial and industrial applications.
- Suitable for homogeneous tiles, ceramics, low thickness slabs and natural stone.
- Swimming pools, tanks and fountains and also in areas subject to thermal shock and freezing.
- Water-repellent and low absorption
Features & Benefits
Easy to clean and maintain High-performance grouting, from 0 to 5 mm, with extra-fine finish, high degree of hardness and reduced water absorption Natural bacteriostatic and fungistatic, Single-component with very low volatile organic compound emissions, contains recycled raw materials Stabilized mineral grout containing pure NHL (Natural Hydraulic Lime) 5 for extremely colour-fast joints from 0 mm to 5 mm
Method of Application
- Before commencing grouting the adhesive bed must be set. It is essential that the tils used are appropriate for the service conditions and are fixed in a solid bed of adhesive i.e ensuring that, as far as possible, no voids are left behind the tiles, refer to the relevant product data sheet for setting / drying times.
- Protect open joints from contamination and ensure that they are clean, dry and free from loose debris prior to grouting. Do not use in damp conditions
Joint should be free efflorescence, latence, dirt and other loose material. Remove thoroughly by dry brushing. Clean all joints should be cleaned down by washing with water containing detergent, then clean water. Ensure the joints are dry before grouting. Movement joints should be provided in accordance with BS 5385 : part 1-5 and may be filled with the appropriate flexible sealant. Intermediate floor joints should be reinforced with brass or stainless steel. Use stainless steel where hygiene is essential
- Mix the cementitious powder with clean water until a lump-free smooth paste of uniform colour is obtained.
- If an electric drill mixer is used blend on a slow speed (less than 300 rpm).
- Avoid entraining air by mixing at too high speed or by over-mixing.
- Do not reconstitute the mixed grout by adding more water, this will reduce the final strength.
- Using a grout float or rubber squzee compact the grout into the joints ensuring that they are completely filled. Work in small areas and remove as much excess grout from the tile surface as possible. Do not exceed the working time of the grout. Refer to table for details.
- Use a sponge or sponge-board, dampened with clean water to clean the tile surface. Allow about 15 minutes for the grout to dry a little before cleaning off.
- Clean diagonally to the joint lines.
- Finally wash down with clean water with sponge/sponge board to remove any dried grout film from the tile surface.
- Once the grout has sufficiently set within the joints, polish the surface with a clean cloth.
- Alternatively give a final wash down with clean water using a dampened sponge. The addition of TUFFEX GT to cement-based grout will enhance adhesion to tile edges, water- resistance and improves flexibility
Precautions & Limitations
- Do not fill pool at least 3 weeks following completion of grouting.
- Do not use on joints more than 5 mm in width, on floors and walls where specific chemical resistances or absolutely no water absorbency is required.
- Do not use on substrates which are highly deformable, not fully dry or subject to moisture rising.
- Do not use showers for at least 2 weeks following completion of grouting.
- Do not use to grout elastic expansion or fractionising joints
- Not recommended for use in power showers.
- Use dupoxy grout which confirms to the current food hygiene regulations.
- Use in conjunction with TUFFEX GT (see data sheet of tuffex gt for further details). The addition of tuffex gt to cement-based grouts will enhance adhesion to tile edges, reduce water permeability and impart flexibility.
Health & saftey
Always use protective gloves and eyewear both during mixing and during application avoid any contact with the eye. If in case happnes do not rub, clean with plenty of fresh water immediately.
- Green Building Rating
- Low Emission
- Low Ecological Impact
- Health Care
- Water Based
|Mineralogical nature of inert material
|Temperature range of application
||From +5°C to +35°C
||12 – 24 hours
|Pot Life @ 350 ± 20
|Cure @ 350 ± 20
||- 30°C To 150°C
|Water : Grout Ratio
||1 : 3
||24 Hours Min. 4.00 N /mm2,48 Hours Min. 8.00 N /mm2
|Flexural strength after 28 days
||≥07 N /mm2, EN 12808-3
|Compressive strength after 28 days
||≥30 N /mm2,EN 12808-3
|Resistance to abrasion after 28 days
||≥265 N /mm2, EN 12808-2
||Cg2 WA, ISO 13007-3
|Shelf life & storage
||12 months in the original packing in dry condition.
||Please refer our coverage table.