Dubond’s Floor Seal is a water repellent product excellent as a dirt proof and stain proof for honed or polishedporcelain stoneware. Effective against oil, grease, beverages, feltpens stains, it offers a protection withoutchanging the look nor the original colour of the floor. It does not form a film. The high penetration power offloor seal allows a protective action which proves extremely effective and lasting for a long time.
Features & Benefits
- Effective against oil, grease, beverages, felt-pens stains
- It does not form a film.
- It is a water repellent product excellent as a dirt proof
- It offers a protection without changing the look nor the original colour of the floor.
- The high penetration power of floor seal allows a protective action which proves extremely effective and lasting for a long time.
Areas of Application
Ideal for honed or polished porcelain stoneware
Method of Application
Apply on the surface a thin even layer of product with a soft bristle brush or with a lambs wool and let it dry 6-8 hours. Take the residue away by means of a fine pad polishing machine.
Precautions & limitations
- For regular maintenance, use floor cleaner neutral cleaner without rinsing.
- In order to remove possible halos resistant to the normal washing, use our tile cleaner or wax remover.
- To remove stains of coffee, pelt–pen, nicotine, etc, pour on the stain a few drops of coloured stain remover.
- Avoid product in excess, as it would be difficult to remove it.
- Joint should be free efflorescence, latence, dirt and other loose material.
- Remove thoroughly by dry brushing.
- Clean all joints should be cleaned down by washing with water containing detergent, then clean water.
- Ensure the joints are dry before grouting.
- Movement joints should be provided in accordance with BS 5385 : part 1-5 and may be filled with the appropriate flexible sealant.
- Intermediate floor joints should be reinforced with brass or stainless steel.
- Use stainless steel where hygiene is essential.
- Mix the cementitious powder with clean water until a lump-free smooth paste of uniform colour is obtained.
- If an electric drill mixer is used blend on a slow speed (less than 300 rpm).
- Avoid entraining air by mixing at too high speed or by over-mixing.
- Do not reconstitute the mixed grout by adding more water, this will reduce the final strength.
- Using a grout float or rubber squzee compact the grout into the joints ensuring that they are completely filled. Work in small areas and remove as much excess grout from the tile surface as possible. Do not exceed the working time of the grout. Refer to table for details.
- Use a sponge or sponge-board, dampened with clean water to clean the tile surface. Allow about 15 minutes for the grout to dry a little before cleaning off.
- Clean diagonally to the joint lines.
- Finally wash down with clean water with sponge/sponge board to remove any dried grout film from the tile surface.
- Once the grout has sufficiently set within the joints, polish the surface with a clean cloth.
- Alternatively give a final wash down with clean water using a dampened sponge.
- The addition of TUFFEX GT to cement-based grout will enhance adhesion to tile edges, water- resistance and improves flexibility.
- Precautions & Limitations-Do not fill pool at least 3 weeks following completion of grouting.
- Do not use on joints more than 5 mm in width, on floors and walls where specific chemical resistances or
- absolutely no water absorbency is required
- Do not use on substrates which are highly deformable, not fully dry or subject to moisture rising.
- Do not use showers for at least 2 weeks following completion of grouting.
- Do not use to grout elastic expansion or fractionising joints
- Not recommended for use in power showers.
- Use dupoxy grout which confirms to the current food hygiene regulations.
- Use in conjunction with TUFFEX GT (see data sheet of tuffex gt for further details). The addition of tuffex gt to cement-based
- grouts will enhance adhesion to tile edges, reduce water permeability and impart flexibility.
- Shelf life & storage-12-24 months in original sealed packing kept in cool and dry place.
- store in a dry place in the original container.